Apartment Hunting in Charleston

faux_fur_snowA few posts ago, I mentioned that I was job hunting! That statement should never be followed with an exclamation mark but I have to be excited about something, right? The location I’ve chosen to relocate to is Charleston, South Carolina. I love this place because of it’s charm, culture, food, and wonderful shopping!

While I’m still looking for a job (so exhausting), I’ve been checking out the real estate in Charleston and figuring out where I might like to live. The killer part of this journey is understanding what is affordable and what isn’t. Rarely do the jobs I apply for give a salary estimate, which adds to the uncertainty of what I can realistically pay for monthly. Many of the apartments available are either incredibly expensive and luxurious or they’re section 8 housing. I’ve found a few places that are in between those two extremes that I can afford but who knows if they have any apartments available.

My list of “must-haves” in an apartment isn’t that crazy I don’t think given my budget of $750. I would love to have a walk-in closet, pool, some sort of security system, small porch, and a Starbucks located near by. I absolutely can’t wait to show you what I do with my first apartment! I have so many ideas I’ll never be able to do it all.

Another thing I’m looking forward to is being able to start taking more personal style photos. I have tons of clothes and a million ways to wear them but there aren’t too many great places near my current location to take good pictures. Charleston is full of perfect little spots to take amazing photos. I’m also getting ready to buy my domain name (and change the name of this blog!) and rebrand it using my own color and texture selections. To compliment this new look, I’ll be needing lots of lovely pictures to share with you and on my Instagram (hint: @wittyandpretty21).

What are your favorite things to see on blogs in terms of pictures? Comment below!

Signature

23 Responses to Apartment Hunting in Charleston

1. Lois Clark says:

Charleston seems to be a beautiful place! Apartment hunting is challenging everywhere.. finding job too… so just keep calm and everything will go on it’s place! Thanks for sharing! πŸ™‚

2. Harriet says:

Good luck with the apartment hunting! It is great that there are cool spots to photograph! I’d love to see photos! πŸ™‚ Greets, London Removals Ltd.

3. Asa says:

It sounds like you have some exciting changes in store for your blog. I can’t wait. I’m most excited to see your personal style photos. Good luck apartment hunting.

4. Leighanne says:

I live in Charleston and it is truly a dream city! Check out some of the apartments in James Island/much more affordable! Downtown is fun, but just check craigslist EVERYDAY. Lots of things will come available around May when the college students begin moving places for the summer. Hope this helps some and good luck!! Love your blog!

• Hi Leighanne! Thanks for your suggestions! I’ve looked in James Island but couldn’t really find much. I’ll keep looking. I’m thinking Mt Pleasant is where I’ll head. Thanks for your ideas!

5. Good luck with the apartment search! I know how that is. It’s fun and exhausting at the same time. Can’t wait to see more decorating and style posts! I’m going to be posting more too!

6. Phaedra says:

Good luck! I grew up in Charleston, and it’s lovely!

7. blair says:

Best of luck with the apartment hunt! Hope you fin something that fits your needs.

8. I think outfit posts will be great! And definitely decorating posts. And posts that make those of us in cold climates jealous.

9. Oooh, this is so thrilling! I’ve lived two hours away from Charleston and visited 3-4 times and I can totally understand your love for it! It’s gorgeous, near the ocean, steeped in history and beauty….I’m so excited for your apartment hunting–I wish I could help! haha πŸ™‚ Keep us updated! The changes to your blog sound very exciting too. It feels like spring cleaning when we update our blogs. πŸ˜‰ I’m looking forward to your outfit posts. I’d love to do so many more outfit posts, I just find it hard sometimes to find a good location (and someone to take the picture! haha). Good luck and happy apartment hunting!

• I wish you could help too! I’m not really sure where to live!
      I will certainly keep you updated on everything going on.
      I’m so looking forward to making these changes. I’ve been wanting to make them for awhile!

10. Great blog (and template!)! Very interesting read.

11. Shauna841505 says:

Can’t wait to see your new place!! And I think Charleston will be the perfect place for photos, they’re going to be perfect! πŸ™‚

12. I am so excited for you! What a dream city to relocate to!!! I can’t wait to here more about what you find and how you make it special on a budget πŸ™‚ good luck on your search!!!!