Birthday Wishes and Celebrating Another Year of Life

red dress in a field

cruise style

red floral print dress

blue statement earrings

mud pie red floral dress

Cattle ranch in Texas

floor length red tropical dress

I’ll be candid and say that normally, Mondays give me the blues and I wake up with an overwhelming sense of “oh no another work week.” But today, I woke up with peace in my heart and joy on my face. Today is my 24th birthday! I take for granted that I can walk, run (though I do very little of that) and that my heart beats everyday. But on your birthday, it’s easy to remember how big of blessing all of those things are.

Over the past weekend, I got to spend time celebrating my 24th birthday with family and friends on a ranch in east Texas! You truly don’t know how loved you are until your boyfriend’s sisters go all out decorating and making a delicious meal for everyone to share in honor of your birthday. Seriously, I feel so loved! I’ll be sharing more about the east Texas ranch we were staying at later this week, so be on the look out for that blog post!

What to Wish for On Your Birthday

I wanted to share with you a few of my hopes and wishes for this next year of my life. Time is not guaranteed but making goals and having dreams are some of the best things in life! For my 24th year of life, I hope to make my blog work for me and increase my traffic, turning it into a more profitable hobby/business. I love style blogging and sharing things with you all but running a blog can get expensive and certainly induce major anxiety!

My other hope for this year is that I learn to be more positive. I’m so terrible with negative thoughts and having an overall melancholy mood. Frankly, it gets tiring and really wears down your body. Having a more positive and peaceful mindset would be amazing and something I’m really trying to work on.

Share with me your hopes and dreams for this next year in the comments below! Hearing what other people hope to do is really inspiring to me!

24 Responses to Birthday Wishes and Celebrating Another Year of Life

1. susie40s says:

Happiest of birthdays to you!

2. Raine says:

Hope your day and year to come brings fun new adventures and joy for you! Happy birthday.

3. Halee Pagel says:

Happy Birthday! Your dress is too cute. Where did you get it?

4. Ria Smith says:

Happy birthday and very pretty dress. Enjoy the day hun!!!

5. Happy 24th birthday! Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend! The ranch looks so serene and gorgeous. Hope all your wishes come true this year and love that you’re goal setting for the year ahead!

xo,
    Heather
    playingdressupallday.com

6. Caitlin says:

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a marvelous day!
    Caitlin

7. YOU LOOK SO AWESOMELY PRETTY IN THE DRESS!

Courtney Bentley || http://www.courtneyvioletbentley.com

8. cheersjenna says:

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. I hope this year is the best one yet.

Cheers, J

9. Emily says:

Happy Birthday to you! Have a great day!

Emily

10. So beautiful girl! Happy Birthday πŸ™‚

-xoxo, Azanique
    LotsofSass.com

11. You look great girl + those earrings are adorable! Happy birthday <3

-xoxo, Azanique
    LotsofSass.com

12. Pingback: Weekend Getaway at a Texas Ranch Style House

13. I’m so sorry for the late birthday wishes. Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one. <3

14. Happy Birthday to you gorgeous and my oh my I love the dress!
    xo Debbie | http://www.tothineownstylebetrue.com