Life's Ups and Downs

starbucks_drinkHey lovely readers. I haven’t been posting consistently like I know I should be but the last week or so has been rather difficult. I had interviewed for a job last week and I thought I had an amazing shot at it but it turns out I was wrong. I just got declined for the job today. It stung a bit, actually quite a lot. I’ll never understand why these things don’t work out but for whatever reason, they just don’t.

I’m sitting at my favorite spot in Starbucks eating a snowman cookie and drinking a gingerbread latte. Two things that will help me cope for sure! I also ran into Target to get my favorite cherry M&Ms and of course came out with a bunch of stuff I never intended to buy. However, all of it was on sale. Bought Twilight Breaking Dawn: Part 2 for only $5! I’ll be watching that tonight while I eat away my sorrows. They also had the perfect gold braided belt ($4 on clearance) to go with a new dress my wonderful mom got me. Finally, they had a mirrored jewelry box on sale for $12. I’ve been wanting it for about 2 years but I’m too cheap to pay the full price ($35).

I guess God puts little pieces of happiness in our lives when we need them most. Today, I definitely needed them! Sometimes life just throws a wrench in your plans. I think part of living a good life is learning to accept these “wrenches” and moving on. Just a thought. I’ll start writing again tomorrow; already have something in the works.

Signature

0 Responses to Life's Ups and Downs

1. theawells says:

Remember that everything happens for a reason – you weren’t meant to get the job because something better is around the corner waiting for you πŸ™‚

2. Sometimes itΒ΄s not so easy to find a job, I am in the same situation…I wish you good luck in finding another job and better one !

3. Asa says:

I’m sorry Liz. That’s a bummer. I know that you have been on the job hunt for a while. Keep your head up and something better will come along. In the meantime, relish in the time that you have off. You will be busy working in no time and will long for the days when you had endless time. Have a good weekend. Hang in there.

P.S. I loved hearing about your finds from Target. So fun. πŸ™‚

4. This job may have seemed like a perfect fit, but I guarantee the job you do get will fit you in every possible way. Enjoy all those treat and at least you are getting those interviews and practicing your interview questions. Good luck in your search.

5. Pingback: Keeping ‘Casual Friday’ Professional | Liz and Lifestyle

6. ingrid says:

Sorry for the job! There is a better one ahead …

7. Target is the best! Hang in there. The right thing will come along.

8. Kelley says:

Your plan to feel better sounds amazing! Dude, it happens to all of us. I remember being bummed out when I wasn’t offered a position, it stings. But I’ll get thru it

9. Sorry to hear that! I’m going through the same thing right now, and it sucks – but I’m glad to hear you’re finding some (sweet) ways to cope. πŸ™‚

10. skontherun says:

Sorry about that πŸ™ Keep doing your best and things will work out the way they are supposed to. Best of luck and enjoy those M&Ms!
    -Shian
    TheFashionInvestigator.com

11. Sorry to hear that you didn’t get the job! It just means that there is a better job out there for you πŸ™‚ x

12. Lindsey says:

Sorry you didn’t get the job, girlie. But that just means there is an even better job waiting for you! (Breaking Dawn!! We need to do a Twilight marathon in the near future!) <3

13. Carla SNE says:

I once spent an entire summer trying to find a job during college and on breaks. Never heard a thing back. Then, I finally got a pretty lackluster job at a restaurant in my mall, which was god awful but I got great experience. Finally, I scored an awesome internship that paid double what I was making in the restaurant AND I earned paid leave and got paid for holidays. I remember feeling extremely defeated, like there was something wrong with me. There is definitely something better coming your way. Good luck!

14. Shauna841505 says:

Ohhhh Target. It gets me EVERY TIME. At least you made it through my personal gauntlet: The Dollar Spot. I typically spend at least $10 in that first aisle alone. But back to the point. I’m sorry about your potential job, but just remember, “some things fall apart so better things can fall together.” Or however that quote goes. πŸ˜‰ – I mean, you did get a huge score with that jewelry box. πŸ™‚

15. mariaholm says:

It is better that you had a good experience at the interview than a bad one even when you didn’t get the job. There must be something better for you a head of you