I have found a new coffee company to love and obsess over almost as much as Starbucks: Illy! I was in desperate need of caffeine yesterday (and we were out of my favorite creamer at the office) so I wandered down to the cafeteria to get something there. I look in one of the coolers and I see a pretty little bottle of Latte Machiato chilling. I decided for only $2.50 it wouldn’t hurt to try it. Now I am running down there a little too often to get my Illy! Forget my Starbucks love!
Illy (as far as I know) doesn’t have stores or anything. You either order online or find it at a retailer. Their own website is full of crazy cool things they sell besides their bottled espresso creations (they sell Espresso machines!)
Comment below if you’ve found Illy in a store or know of another great coffee company! Coffee lovers unite!
On a trip to the mall yesterday I discovered a few lovely home furnishing stores that just so happened to capture my taste impeccably well. Restoration Hardware and Z Gallerie were my favorites! I love rustic, chic looking furniture and designs that compliment virtually any location (i.e. beach, mountains). Granted these stores were both very expensive, the designs and quality are well worth the investment. I snapped a few photos of my favorite things and thought I would share them with you. Comment with your favorites! Enjoy!
There are a few things every summer that I find very necessary to buy. I need more than just a fresh pair of flip flops and a new bottle of sunscreen. I create a mental list of things I would like in a particular season. This list changes drastically every summer with my maturing tastes (that was a joke) and style. Here’s my list of little loves for the summer months! Comment below with your additions!
Mason Jar Cup
Ashley Brooke Coffee Mug
Victoria’s Secret Summer Bombshell
Etsy Monogram T-Shirt
Let’s Cha Cha Lilly Pulitzer Tote
Pool Floatie in a Doughnut Shape
Mac Daft Pink Mineral Blush
Tokyo Petal Candle from Bath & Body Works
I had a fabulous fashion find at Marshall’s today! I’ve been obsessed with finding a romper for the summer that’s light weight and also flattering. Another requirement was the price- it had to be under $15. I know, that’s a tough budget for some people but I can usually find things at great prices if I shop around enough. I was thrilled when I found this adorable romper! The label is Amber Blue (not sure what this company is but they make a cute romper!) Comment below with accessory and shoe suggestions!
Building Up a Professional Wardrobe
As an intern and student, I came to the capital of suits and ties having a small wardrobe appropriate for the office. Washington D.C. is all about the professional look. New York City values creativity and chic outfits. Los Angeles likes a laid back, professional wardrobe. I’m here to combine a touch of each in our wear-to-work wardrobe!
1. The Pencil Skirt– A staple in any woman’s wardrobe. It doesn’t have to be boring though! Have fun with the shape, pattern, and material of this classic piece.
2. Toga Dress– Simply put, this piece can be dressed up or down and is low maintenance. Not necessarily a classic, but you must have a dress that fits almost any occasion.
3. A Button Up– Oxford button up shirts are pretty standard to anyone’s closet. Gone are the days of boring white and blue though. Exciting patterns give this old style a face lift! If you fear color and pattern, find a neutral navy or red to experiment with first.
4. Blazers– These are really nice for adding something to any outfit. Be creative though! Black and navy go with almost anything, but a pop of color adds a little something extra. Try several on to adjust for size, length, and material.
5. Ballet Flats– A shoe that won’t kill your feet in the office or around town. Find exciting colors and textures! Python print is fun to wear with almost anything. Hot pink adds a little skip in your step. Some of my favorites have come from Old Navy. Of course Tory Burch has her line of iconic shoes but let’s be honest, who can really afford them?
6. Shift Dress– I love wearing these on days where I want to feel comfy. They’re classy and among the best wear-to-work options we have! Accessorizing them with a nice scarf or belt really ties the outfit together.
What would you add to this list? Comment below with your ideas!